Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What're the odds, d'you think?

There's this thing called National Novel Writing Month, abbreviated to the aesthetically questionable NaNoWriMo, wherein thousands of individuals set themselves the personal challenge of writing a 50,000-word novel during the calendar month of November.

Last year was, I believe, the first such event. The second begins tomorrow.

[ETA: My mistake. It's actually been going on for a number of years now. Shame on NaNo for not making that clear on their "about" page...]

I will not be participating.

I once had an idea for a novel but not once, ever, the inclination to pursue it.

But there's this other thing, devised by an entirely different set of folks. They're calling it NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month, naturally) and the somewhat more modest goal is to produce one blog post a day for the calendar month of November.

Sheryl's doing it. Kit's doing it. And look, so're Erin and The Teacher. I'm thinking I'll do it as well.

So see you tomorrow.

(Oh, and about Yoda. I know you're wondering. There were two versions of the logo - the official one was kind of a "Post or Die" theme, and involved a handgun. This was the non-violent alternative logo. May the Force be with us all.)

4 comments:

Anonymous October 31, 2006 9:04 PM  

Good, I've been wondering what the NaBloPoMo with the gun thing meant on Sheryl's blog, and now I don't have to waste any time trying to figure it out.

And double good, I'll have something to read from you every day!

We applied for our passports yesterday. I was wrong. They're not $97 apiece. They're $97 apiece PLUS $15 each for the passport photos that they handily provide right there at the post office. Not that I necessarily would have bothered taking my own photos or anything, but $15 for a 2 inch digital photo of a face with a white background? Sheesh! I mean, I had everything figured out, printed out, filled out and I mean, I was prepared. We didn't even have to spend any time filling out the forms and playing with the pencils on the bench. But that threw me for a loop. Anyway.

Karin October 31, 2006 10:17 PM  

I'm doing both. :) Because I'm CRAAAAZY!

And NaNo's been around for eight or so years. :) It grew from a dozen or so people to several thousand. I did it two years ago and it was awesome.

Anonymous November 01, 2006 10:24 AM  

Welcome to the club! Glad to have you!

Anonymous November 01, 2006 5:12 PM  

Ah, Jen- a whole month guaranteed! I missed you for that long stretch last month. Don't do that anymore. I was just about to contact your parents to see if all was well. I was accused all my life of being a tattletale. I guess it's true! Glad you are back. And the fabric-what can I say but it's beautiful. Your talent is enviable.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP