Friday, January 15, 2010

Having a functional telephone has paid off already

I never used to call in to the radio when they gave stuff away, because with the cell phone chances were good the call would drop, never go through, or be inaudible if I did.


But I have a real phone now, so when Evan said they were giving away the weekend brunch for two at Café des Artistas, I went ahead and picked it up. I turned it on, waited till he said "be the first to get through," decided to turn it off and on again, and then dialed. And it rang, and Evan picked up and said I was a winner, the end.

3 comments:

Saoirse in Spokane January 16, 2010 3:30 AM  

Congratulations! Enjoy your brunch.

Dad January 16, 2010 5:57 AM  

Well worth a drive to Escazu, I'd say!

The Cunning Runt January 20, 2010 11:38 PM  

Winning is such a cool and rare feeling - dig it!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP