Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear Alan Alda, You're still in good health, right?

Back when I was aware of Ed McMahon (86), Farrah Fawcett (62) and Michael Jackson (50) on a day-to-day basis, the news that each of them would pass away shortly before I turned 40 would have sounded reasonable to me; being young and immortal at the time, the prospect of entering my own 40s would have to mean that everyone, particularly people who were already grown and famous, would be impossibly old by then as well.

Turns out that's not the case at all.

Forty--as anyone who has attained the age can attest--is in fact surprisingly young, once you actually get there (week from tomorrow, thank you very much), and the adult stars of my youth are likewise, many of them, still entirely "too young to die" - except insofar as some of them still do.

Rest in peace, y'all.

1 comments:

Stacey June 26, 2009 7:20 AM  

Hmmm... 40... I turned 39 in May and I must say 40 is looming much too close for me. 30 didn't bother me but 40 is causing all kinds of crazy. This is midlife crisis time, isn't it?

I must say, neither Farrah, Ed or Michael were particularly important to me but they sure did provide the background noise for many childhood memories. Their passing causes a lot of nostalgia.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP