Monday, March 17, 2008

Crossing my sticky fingers

We have no water today. The water pressure has been low during the day for several days now, going back to normal at night.

But when I got home from the gym this morning it wasn't low, it was just plain gone. I can make my peace with not being able to shower - at least my clothes are clean. But I really really want to wash my hands. That sanitizer stuff is most unsatisfying.

We are getting toward the end of the rainy season, so it's true that the national water supply is probably on the low side. Last year we had some trouble with the power supply toward the end of the rainy season.

I sure hope this isn't that though. It's still another good month before it starts raining on a daily basis.

With any luck, they're doing some sort of local maintenance to the water pipes somewhere up or downhill from here. Of course, if that's the case, let's all hope they work quickly. Easter week is bigger than Christmas in Costa Rica, so if they don't finish by Wednesday at noon, it'll be at least next Monday before anybody gets back to it.

Crossing, as I say, my sticky fingers.

3 comments:

Steve March 17, 2008 6:31 PM  

Interesting.
Shower and clean yourself everyday?
I'll have to take that under advisement

Anonymous March 17, 2008 6:46 PM  

OH my, you've given me deja vue.

In 1983 Easter week-end we had no water. So I flew from Trinidad W.I. to Toronto, Canada for a few days. A girl needs to bathe.... Any excuse to travel.... :)

Gabi

The Cunning Runt March 18, 2008 8:15 PM  

Good luck with that, Jen. No water, um, sucks.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP