Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It was a fender-bender

I guess I misunderstood Robin because I thought she said that she had come up with something that Alex then decided to do, but which she didn't actually want. So I was thinking more along the lines of "trip for two" (which we've already discussed) than "crashed the car."

But anyway, it's no big deal. He was at an intersection and a large truck needed more room so he backed up and hit a small car behind him. He says you can hardly even see the scratch on our bumber (can you believe I keep forgetting to even look?) but the other car was small and got its hood rumpled up. The other guy was decent about it.

The only interesting part about the story is that he had just paid the quarterly insurance bill that morning (still a few days before deadline but several days after having been notified.)

So, yeah. Anticlimactic.

5 comments:

deedee September 27, 2006 12:04 PM  

Like I said, anticlimatic is good.

On a whole 'nother tangent, I like your new photo.

Anonymous September 27, 2006 3:55 PM  

I don't know, anticlimactic doesn't seem good if it's anything that includes insurance policies.

And what do you mean by "trip for two?"

Jennifer September 27, 2006 4:00 PM  

I mean that just because Robin says something is Not Good doesn't necessarily mean I'll feel the same way about it.

We have talked about taking a weekend trip for two (not four) in the near future, so I wondered if maybe Robin said something about taking a trip and Alex used that as an opportunity to tell her that we might just, but without her.

Jennifer September 28, 2006 2:27 PM  

Meredith: Thanks! I like it better too.

Juliloquy: No, actually. But they're not shy kids, on the whole.

If you came over to my house, Robin (7-and-a-half-almost-eight) would jump right into the conversation and Julia (just-turned-5) would play shy for 3.2 minutes (whining secretly into my ear that she wishes "that lady" didn't come over to our house) before dragging you by the hand to show you their room.

Then they'd fight about who got to show you the room and I would wish I'd thought to suggest that you come over some time when they were at school. Seriously, what were you thinking? We could've had some coffee, a nice chat...well, maybe next time.

Anonymous September 28, 2006 7:12 PM  

Remember when Robin spoke to Sally on the phone, never having met her? We finally had to pull the phone away from her when she started describing, in detail, the size and shape of the poops that Julia was dropping in the toilet. Shy? Not so much. (Hey--it's the 2000's version of: She's shy...NOT!!)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP