Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One down

I spent all day making Robin's Christmas messenger bag from a pair of pants we got (for that purpose) at the thrift store, and some lining fabric she picked out of my stash. We're all pleased with the results.


Why, yes. I did go cross-eyed sewing those striped pockets to that checked lining. Thanks for asking.








Julia's is going to be made out of a pair of jeans which, I realized while I was working today, is considerably heavier fabric than the khaki-type pants in Robin's. Wish us well.

6 comments:

mom December 30, 2009 8:29 PM  

I wish you well. Start with a sharp needle . . .

Dad December 30, 2009 9:03 PM  

So is a "messenger bag" the nuevo version of "book bag" aka "backpack"?

Whatever it is, I too wish you well!

:)

kkryno December 30, 2009 9:56 PM  

How awsome is that?!

Did you have a pattern for it?

Very cool. My youngest daughter has been sewing gifts ths year. There's nothing like a hand-made present.

The Cunning Runt December 30, 2009 11:29 PM  

That's too cool. :)

I have two machines, a fancy White which my mom left me, and a heavy-duty Necchi which I bought at a Hotel sales event, but neither of them does really heavy seams without slipping its timing, which makes me nuts and leaves me dead in the water.

Best of luck with the jean cloth, and consider simpler seams and seam tape.

...As if you need advice from a punter like me! :)

Jennifer December 31, 2009 10:24 AM  

I used this pattern for general guidance, but I didn't follow it exactly, because it's for a much smaller bag.

punkersdanielle January 01, 2010 12:09 AM  

I love this so much!! Wish I had one! :)

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP