Sunday, September 02, 2007

Explanation. And quandary.

No, my anonymous "g", you probably didn't miss anything. Whoever you are.

It's just a fact. Although they are both male, they are both good, decent human beings, and they are both only children, my husband and my father are pretty much on opposite ends of any other spectrum you might apply.

That is the explanation.

The quandary is this:

If, hypothetically, you understand, you had a quilt half made and had kind of thought of giving it to someone for his birthday, and you intentionally left the blocks lying out to see if they might elicit any kind of commentary whatsoever, and said person spent time in the vicinity of the quilt blocks and unquestionably saw them there, but instead commented on a 2-inch flashlight lying well beyond them, then would you have a run on sentence?

9 comments:

Anonymous September 02, 2007 2:39 PM  

OMG. The colors, the curves,the layout. GORGEOUS. I'd be VERY appreciative if they or their counterparts ever came my way.

(Dick read the entry to me, I left my quilting to look, then had to hurry and put my two cents worth in.)

I'm making him something much LESS elaborate (in keeping with my talents). It's not for birthday but for Christmas - small and light enough to fit in your suitcase.

So he already has something quilted coming up . . . and what does he care? (Just thought you should know in case you have a change of heart.)

Now back to my sewing machine.

Anonymous September 02, 2007 2:45 PM  

That's a cool quilt!!!

Anonymous September 02, 2007 7:08 PM  

It would seem said person is 'quilt blind'. Probably seen so many of them with 'blocks' lying around that the quilts are now visual 'background noise'.

g

Jennifer September 02, 2007 7:37 PM  

So the question remains: does said person get a quilt for his birthday?

Anonymous September 02, 2007 11:14 PM  

isabellawilliams totally said what I was going to say.

splord September 03, 2007 1:03 AM  

Wow!

(to the quilt and that 'interesting' comment above. That has to be the strangest spam I've ever seem)

Jennifer September 03, 2007 12:21 PM  

*Ka-ZAP*!!!

It's about the fourth of its kind in the past week or so. I delete them as soon as they come in if I'm online, so a lot of the time nobody else ever sees them.

I'll turn on comment verification if it gets too bad, but I'd hate to have to go that route.

Sheryl (papernapkin) September 03, 2007 8:08 PM  

Va-va-va-voom! That is some quilt. I would give it to him for sure. Unless of course he regularly comments on all your other blocks, and not this one, then I'd send it to some blogger you know in Ohio ;o)

A. Nonny Mouse September 04, 2007 2:15 PM  

Wow. That is a very cool quilt.

I dunno what I would do if I was in your place re:quilt as birthday present. I know my husband wouldn't be as into a quilt for his birthday, but Alex might be different...

PS: did you get the pictures I sent? hope so!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP