Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ahhhhhhhh. Umm, now what?

Okay, my family is starting to get calls because I haven't updated since Washington. Sorry.

We finally made it back to Lisa's place at 9:00 p.m. Friday (instead of the originally planned 5:00 p.m. Wednesday). Six hours in the car was a bit of an ordeal, but there were no further delays or disasters.

I did very little for the next two days except copy, rotate and organize our photos on Mom's laptop and pull out a select 20% of them for a slide show. Lisa prepared an amazing Greek dinner for us all on Sunday and we had a big double birthday party.

My trip back to Costa Rica was not without its share of excitement, what with my first flight getting in at the exact time the second flight was due to leave, but the Departures board at my arrival gate said the second one was delayed by 20 minutes, so after a flat-out run through the airport (which demonstrated unequivocally to me that we did not, in fact, get that much exercise during our trip), I found that it was actually delayed by over an hour, so I was fully recovered by the time they actually got around to boarding. I even saw my bags go in at the eleventh hour, so I knew they were safely aboard the plane.

We got in at 10:00 p.m. Costa Rica time - that's midnight in NC and 7:00 a.m. the next day in Greece. Customs and immigration were both uncrowded and friendly, and Alex was there to pick me up.

He picked the girls up this morning, and we've all just been hanging around the house today because their school vacation started this week. This is their mid-year break, not "summer" vacation, so they go back in two weeks for the second half of their school year.

I'm surprised at how tired I feel, since we managed to get ourselves back onto a relatively Western Hemisphere schedule while at Lisa's house. Of course, it's not like I have any responsibilities I have to gear up for, so I can just lie around if I feel like it. In fact, I'm not sure just what to do with myself at the moment. After going and going non-stop for the entire month of June, and even having things I wanted to get done during our couple of days at Lisa's house, all of a sudden there are no demands. I have to pay four bills online and then...deciding where to go for dinner is about as urgent as it gets, and I've got that narrowed down to the restaurant across the street or pizza and a video in the living room. (I'm skipping the guild meeting tonight - told them that even before things went haywire with the flights home.)

Anyway. I may not have much to say for the next couple of days, but once I get back into things I'll post some more pictures and things from the trip.

7 comments:

Anonymous July 03, 2007 5:29 PM  

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!

We're glad you got home (almost) on schedule and have been free to enjoy Your Special Day all day today (after paying the four bills.)

We're so glad we had the time with you and Lisa and Scott before we went our separate ways yesterday.

Love,

Mom and Dad

Robin July 03, 2007 7:32 PM  

Glad you made it home! I admit I was itching for an update, but I expected a call from Lisa first. I look forward to the pictures when you've recovered.

Now you deserve a vacation from your vacation--and I think you're the first person I've known who can actually have it.

Anonymous July 04, 2007 11:43 AM  

Maybe YOU did not get that much exercise during the trip. No doubt your fewer years and your more active lifestyle (with regular trips to the gym) made it so.

I recall being a distant third person as we ran for a few ferry connections, and a balloon flight . . .

With the many hills and steps, and the walking in general, never mind the running, I lost five pounds over the three weeks of (for sedentary me) heightened activity. Not a bad bonus of a wonderful trip - it met all my expectations and more. Wonderful, talented, thoughtful, resourceful daughters made it so. Thank you, Jen and Lisa!

Jennifer July 06, 2007 3:17 AM  

Glad you made it home after that ordeal. Take it easy. You deserve the rest!

Sheryl (papernapkin) July 06, 2007 6:17 AM  

Glad you're home safe and sound. Hope you do some serious lounging around.

juliloquy July 06, 2007 8:50 AM  

Thanks for all your dedicated blogging through your trip. It evoked nostalgia and a bit of envy in my, but I'm so happy you could do this with your mom and sister. Enjoy getting back into your home routines.

deedee July 07, 2007 4:59 AM  

Hey, welcome back, I have some catching up on your site. BTW, you are right on the "nubbin" when it comes to what I share with Chandler.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP