Sunday, October 11, 2009

When bamboo goes bad

So, it turns out it was the disinfectant after all. It seems the stuff I bought was "Bamboo Grove" flavor, same as what I already had at home, but it was a different brand and a different and much stronger smell.

I went ahead and used it on my bathroom today - in fact, my bathroom is considerably cleaner than usual, because I figured I might as well use up as much as I could.

That was definitely the smell that's been bothering me, but maybe there was also something spilled on the outside of the package or something, because it wasn't exactly the same as the scent that hung around the kitchen for two days.

Anyway, the packaging has been rinsed and thrown out, my half of the disinfectant is mostly used up, and the rest is safely in sport-top water bottles so the smell won't escape.

Thanks for the ideas anyway. Dad, I can't get those US brands here, or not easily anyway. Maybe at the fancy gringo grocery store. There are tons of brands and scents of laundry detergent, but I'm not sure they're really that different, and I don't really recall seeing unscented stuff. I know for sure there's no unscented fabric softener because I looked really hard for that. The Costa Ricans do love their cleaning products and their pretty smells, it seems.

Anyway, I think the actual product I use is fine; it's shopping for it that's become a bit of a minefield.

And Gabi I admit that yours is a fairly logical conclusion, but...no. Way no.

2 comments:

Angela October 12, 2009 7:59 AM  

Glad you found the problem!

Steve October 12, 2009 5:32 PM  

so not another future overlrod out there huh?

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP