Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm stumped

I can't figure out how to Google this.

Alex and the girls got me some unusual chocolates for my birthday. The lemon-pepper one was quite good - more lemon than pepper, and good chocolate wrapped around it all.

But the chili pepper one is too spicy. I like hot food, but this is a little too much to be enjoyable. So I figured maybe there was something I could do with it - use it in a recipe or combine it with something or something.

But when I try to Google it I get chili recipes that call for chocolate, or gourmet places selling chili chocolates, which I don't need any more of (right now).

The closest I've seen to a suggestion was grating some on top of a mug of hot chocolate, which I can definitely try (they got me gourmet hot chocolate mix too). On my own, all I came up with was maybe combining it with some bread, but all I have on hand is regular sandwich bread from the grocery store, which I don't think will do it justice.

Any suggestions?

E.T.A. Writing that made me curious, and the upshot of that curiosity is that we can confidently add "get over myself and try again" as a viable option.

(Oh, and too? Five minutes short of 24 hours after yesterday's post, we have our first "lawn shrimp" Googler stopping by. Don't worry! They're harmless!)

6 comments:

theotherbear July 31, 2007 10:48 PM  

try these recipes - just use the chocolate instead of chocolate and chili separately.
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2004/10/chocolate_chili_bites.php
http://www.hot-spicy-recipes.com/fish-seafood-recipes/butterflied-shrimps-chili-chocolate.php
http://cookiemonzters.blogspot.com/2007/03/chili-chocolate-brownies.html
http://www.9news.com/life/lifestyle/optimum_wellness/recipe_article.aspx?storyid=4673

Anonymous July 31, 2007 11:10 PM  

hahahaha -- I am right this very minute going to google "tongue worms" and see if I can find you ;)

(up to no good in California!)

Jennifer August 01, 2007 11:31 AM  

Wow, other bear. Good work, and good idea.

I may not have enough of this bar left to do any of those, but I definitely have access to more chocolate (plain) and chili powder...I've got my eye on that brownie recipe, and know just the friend to share them with.

[wide eyed innocence]

Hey Carroll, why don't you try doing an image search on tongue worms?

[/wide eyed innocence]

Kit August 01, 2007 11:41 AM  

Mmm chocolate chili brownies, sounds like a good one.

Anonymous August 01, 2007 2:42 PM  

Ask the wiki about Cymothoa exigua. I don't think it's what you mean by tongue worm, but you're going to need to know about it.

Jennifer August 01, 2007 4:03 PM  

Yeah, all I meant by tongue worm, actually, was "Whoa. No need to read any farther on this page."

But really. Thanks.

Y'all, don't click this link. Just don't.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP