Saturday, August 23, 2008

Please don't take my computer away

My computer has been running very slowly lately. The hard drive is only slightly more than half full. I've run virus scans on it, cleaned out the registry, uninstalled unused stuff, defragged...all the stuff you're supposed to do.

Finally I opened it up to clean it out physically...the photo's not that clear, but friends let me tell you. That was a dust-choked computer. The easiest place to see it is on that fan right in the middle. The one that has radiator fins behind it in the bottom picture, but more like a solid wall of dust in the top one.



I'm sorry, little computer. Please like me again.

4 comments:

Anonymous August 23, 2008 6:02 PM  

Now Jennifer, this is downright scary. Today I opened and cleaned out MY computer for the first time in the more than two years I've owned it.

It actually wasn't as bad as in your photos, but there was, indeed, dust.

I'd been feeling guilty for a while that I hadn't cleaned it, since I've heard you're supposed to do that.

So. Is it running any faster?

:)

Anonymous August 24, 2008 2:52 AM  

Oh boy. With 268 shedding cats in this house, I bet you I have enough fur in our computer to make a few new cats.

Guess what I'll be doing on Sunday?

Jennifer August 24, 2008 6:41 AM  

Well, you know how it's hard to tell. You close it back up, turn it back on and go, "Wait. What was I trying to do when it was so slow?"

But I do think it's better.

The Cunning Runt August 25, 2008 9:03 PM  

Heat build-up is the death knell for 'puterboxes. Good job there, kid!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP