Friday, January 26, 2007

Please don't hate me because it's warm here

(Or, for those in the southern hemisphere, please don't hate me because I was actually uncomfortably chilly sitting out there...)

Alex left for some out of town work today, and despite a set of new and carefully-explained rules, I suspect my children have viewed a week's worth of television at the grandparents' house over the past two days, so I decided to take them to the restaurant across the street for some outdoor time.

And that's all there is to tell, really, except that I took the opportunity to translate and print out a recipe for Buffalo chicken wings, in hopes that the place will start offering them and that we can consequently go there more often.

Adrian the bartender read the recipe and seemed to think it was doable. I mean, I've never seen any foreigners there myself, but both Adrian and the owner say they get quite a few gringos, so offering even half-decent Buffalo wings can only be to their advantage, especially with the new wide-screen TV.



















3 comments:

Kit January 27, 2007 1:23 AM  

I won't hate you but only because it's cooled down here a bit now! This gringo doesn't know what Buffalo wings are either - didn't even know they could fly....are you going to post the recipe for us too?

A. Nonny Mouse January 27, 2007 10:52 AM  

I had a pretty god day yesterday, as far as the fire goes, so I won't be coming down to see you. Yet. (Ironically, Mike was in charge of taking care of the fire this morning and it looks like he killed it.) It looks like you guys had fun with your picnic, even if you were chilly. :)

Jennifer January 27, 2007 5:59 PM  

Ah, good point Kit!

Buffalo with a capital "B" is a city in the eastern US, where these spicy chicken wings originated.

The version I gave to the restaurant was the simplest one I could find (in hopes that they would actually do it), and calls simply for frying the wings then coating them with a hot sauce that is pretty much just half margarine and half Tabasco, with a splash of vinegar.

The version that I would make if I were to do it myself (and I plan to) is this one, which is slightly more involved but sounds like it's well worth the extra bit of work!

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP