Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The jury's still out, apparently

Intersection A
Tuesday, 9:30 am. A red car stops for a traffic light.

Man Old Enough to be My Father: [Holds up a pair of green plastic frogs for sale, squeaks them engagingly]

Me: [Shakes head, looks off in another direction]

MOEtbMF: How come you're so pretty?

Me: [Shrugs] Can't help it.

MOEtbMF: I like you. [Walks away]
Intersection B
Tuesday, 10:30 am. A red car slows, signaling a left turn.
Little Old Man with a Walker: [Dinky wave]

2 comments:

deedee January 31, 2007 5:19 PM  

Can I just say this is strange, that I don't quite "get" intersection B.

Jennifer January 31, 2007 5:24 PM  

Oh, I was afraid of that. I decided to risk it because the post is much perkier without excess explanations!

It's a callback to Thursday's post. Scroll down to the paragraph that starts "Being neither a woman nor a foreigner..."

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP