Thursday, December 01, 2005

Birthday preparations

Robin is signed up for tomorrow's Shared Snack Day (which they have every Friday) so she can take a cake to school for her birthday. I told her she could choose between a birthday cake, cupcakes and frosted cookies. She went with the cookies. I bought cookies at the store and used canned icing. When it was time to start, she decided she wanted Hello Kitty, so that's what I made.

There were 36 unbroken cookies (and maybe five broken ones) in the three packages I bought. I needed 32 - one for each kid - and made the four extras for the teachers. I also left one blank (that is, with no name) in case some poor kid wasn't on the list I have. I was told to bring cake or whatever for 32 children and there were 32 names on the list, so I assume we're good, but you never know.





Once the official cookies were done, the girls got to decorate and eat a broken one.



(Didja notice the parrot?)

3 comments:

Anonymous December 02, 2005 11:25 AM  

So is it Justin, or hoosteen?

Anonymous December 02, 2005 11:29 AM  

Say, I just took a slower look at the photos, and noticed the parrot. Then I noticed your comment about noticing the parrot.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!!!!

I'm thinking about you all day today, and how great you are, and how lucky I am to be your aunt!

Jennifer December 02, 2005 2:43 PM  

Actually, it's JOO-steen. But his parents are bilingual and I think he also gets called plain old Justin sometimes.

I added the note about the parrot a few minutes after I posted the picture originally, so maybe it wasn't there when you saw it first. The note, that is. The parrot was there the whole time.

A click a day for good causes

The Hunger Site The Breast Cancer Site The Child Health Site The Literacy Site The Rainforest Site The Animal Rescue Site

Added 6/12/06

  © Blogger template 'Personal Blog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP